Ecological Reserve Proposals in British Columbia
Ecological Reserve Proposals
Many areas of the province have been proposed as Ecological Reserves but only some have made it through the approval process to become official Ecological Reserves of the Province.
- In the 1970s Dr. Vladimer Krajina and others proposed many reserves as a result of the International Biological Programme. 122 reports in their original format are included in this search on ECOcat
- Complete List of All Proposed ERs from 1985
Click here to open a description of the original list or click here to open the list (in PDF format).
- See all resources on this website tagged with ER Proposals
- Ecological Reserves Fonds stored at UBC.
This document has been prepared by John Moran in 2020
- This is a list of recent news items about Proposed ERs.
- History of Ecological Reserves and how are ERs Proposed??
- For an overview of the process please see this summary called: “Why Ecological Reserves“.
Recent ER Proposals
Below is some information about areas of the province that have been proposed as Ecological Reserves. Some are recent proposals and others are from the original survey in 1985.
- ER #155 Pink Mountain proposed 2014
- ER #156 Elphinstone Park additions proposed 2014, Vancouver Area- Includes Dakota Bowl
- ER #157 Eocene Fossil Sites proposed 2014, Okanagan
- ER #158 Koksilah/Eagle Heights proposed 2021, 1980, Southern Vancouver Island
- ER #159 Fording River Grasslands proposed 2022, Kootenay Region