Trout Creek Warden’s report, October 9, 2012
Laurie Rockwell sent this report to his BC Parks Area Supervisor:
I toured the TCER with Garry Fletcher from The Friends of Ecological Reserves and a photographer traveling with him, Niran Lella, as they visit reserves in the Okanagan.
- the weather was great. It got up to about 15 c by the end of our 2.5 hour tour and not much wind and lots of sun.
- Garry and Niran enjoyed the ‘hands on’ tour and took lots of photos.
- (See this gallery)
- I saw/heard only 7 bird species, so things are slowing down. Also, no insects and only bear and coyote scat.
- only Rabbit Bush was in flower/seed. I did find a few dead knapweed plants.
- the reserve was very dry and many plants had skipped their fall colours to go directly to brown.
- I was pleased to see the fence repaired at the talus slope.
- there was no sign of human activity, but I noted numerous footprints in the sand long the trail where we found the Dalles Milk-Vetch.