Warden’s report for Trout Creek ER #7 April 5, 2015
Laurie Rockwell provided this warden’s report on April 5, 2015
• It was a cool 3c at 7.45 am with a light breeze at times, but full sunshine; a perfect outing.
• I saw or heard 8 species of birds, mostly expected forest species, but no returning migrants.
• most plants were in leaf, but five were in flower: Balsamroot ( Balsamorriza saggitatus), Puccoon (Lithophragma ruderale), Wax Currant (Ribes cereum) and Sagebrush or Low Pussytoes (Antennaria dimorpha) and Sulphur Buckweed (Erigonum umbellatum).
• I saw no Mule Deer, which I expect to see every April during migration and no fresh scat. I did find some coyote scat.
• outstanding fence repairs may be done this year.
no signs of human activity.