Trout Creek Warden Report, March 9, 2012
- it was mild day (4C at 8.30am) with periodic gusts of cold air. Snow cover was from 0-5cm, mostly in sheltered areas.
- I saw or heard 6 species of expected birds. The only returning migrants were a few robins.
- 5 plants were in leaf and the Saskatoons were in bud. I saw no leaves of knapweed or Sulphur Cinqufoil.
- I saw no mammals and heard only one squirrel. I did ,however, see deer tracks and coyote scats.
- there was no sign of human activity.
- fence repairs are outstanding,of course.
- the ER sign on the E-W fence, at the top needs to be replaced. If you have one I can put it up myself.
- the frost is coming out in the open areas.
Photo by Ryan Murphy.