ER Warden South Coast Meeting Agenda, February 18, 2013
Fraser Room, South Coast Ministry of Enviroment office, 2nd floor, 10470 152nd Street, Surrey
- Welcome and Introductions (Joanna Hirner, Conservation Specialist, BC Parks) (10 AM)
- BC Parks Update (Joanna Hirner) (10:10 AM)
- BC Parks Volunteer Program and Volunteer Strategy
- ER Warden Program updates: handbook updates, etc.
- Regional updates: current Ecological Reserves and their wardens and Area Supervisors; BC Parks staffing changes
- Reporting and data collection priorities: invasive plants, Conservation Risk Assessment and Ecological Integrity Reporting
- Friends of Ecological Reserves (FER) and demonstration of FER website (Mike Fenger and Garry Fletcher, Friends of Ecological Reserves) (10:40 AM)Thank you and awards presentation (10:55 PM)
- Thank you and awards presentation (10:55 PM)
- Warden reports: round table report from each warden on their Ecological Reserve(s) (formal or informal) (11 AM)
- Lunch (12 noon
- More warden reports (12:30 PM)
- Group discussion (1 PM)
- Multiple wardens for reserves?
- How to encourage research (e.g. by local University researchers) in Ecological Reserves?
- Any training needs?
- Improving communications between wardens and BC Parks staff.
- Any other topics?
9. Time to talk one on one with Area Supervisors, Parks staff, or other wardens. (1:45 PM)
10. Adjourn (2:00 PM)
- Time to talk one on one with Area Supervisors, Parks staff, or other wardens. (1:45 PM)
- Adjourn (2:00 PM)