Scott Islands Marine National Wildlife Area Summary of projects fiscal 2012 – 13
Health of the Oceans (HOTO) funding(fiscal2012-13) supports projects helpful to the management plan for the proposed Scott Islands marine National Wildlife Area (NWA):
– Understanding the environment supporting the seabirds.
– Monitoring and managing activities potentially affecting the environment supporting seabirds and their forage species.
– Understanding cultural values of and history of seabird presence on Lanz and Cox Islands.
- Focus is understanding the relationship between the environment, production
of forage species, and seabird populations.
• Building collaboration with First Nations; and agencies: DFO, CHS, NRCan, BC.
• Extension of results may benefit environmental and resource management coast-wide.
see the full version of this report in the PDF:https://ecoreserves.bc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/scottislandprojects.pdf